6 Days: Grafton Loop & Mahoosucs

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Terra, you are awesome! Oh yes, your human companions are pretty terrific too.

She was great! She survived her *second* foray through Mahoosuc Notch, and she carried a constantly changing ratio of her food and our trash. :D

I wish I could give Terra a handful of greenies for a job well done! She's going on 6 years old and such a GREAT buddy!:)

Those Enduro Sharkies really kept her going.....LOL
ry%3D480

Last edited:
WONDERFUL trip and report you two, er three! I've done parts of much of your trip--Puzzle Mountain and Stewart Campsite--I hear you about that place! FAIL. Needs work. Also have had the pleasure of bushwacking up SRWC--WOW what a beauty. Also stayed at Speck Pond and as a day hike hiked down into Mahoosuc Notch--and then back up again to get back to Speck Pond where we had our tent. What WERE we thinking? That I didn't want to haul a backpack through the notch, but wanted to see it. Silly me. We were there two years ago when the moose died in the Notch, or rather didn't die for about a week. :( Thankfully we never saw it. Finally, just did Goose Eye via Wright this Sat. with Steve, Dave, and Jazzbo. We had views, and Sabrina it is absolutely worth it to get back there to see them.

Thanks for bringing back many memories! As you can see, I did all this in about five different trips, so VERY impressive work you three-that is one heck of a haul!

Thanks for bringing back many memories! As you can see, I did all this in about five different trips, so VERY impressive work you three-that is one heck of a haul!

Tee hee.....we had originally planned to stage one of our cars at Grafton Notch, just in case....so we could potentially resupply or bail...but then I got a new car, and was reluctant to leave it parked at a trailhead for a week, so SilverFox very generously dropped us off....OH the feeling when he drove away....:eek:

It WAS a long haul!!! And two times through Mahoosuc Notch in one lifetime?......yeah, what was I thinking....:D

When we did the road walk between the east and west sections, I almost kept walking down Rte 26. I figured first I'd pass the pie stand, then eventually I'd hit Bethel and a nice inn with a bar in it. Thankfully, Una_dogger kept me focused on the hike, especially since the west side & SRW were so spectacular. :)

I wish I could give Terra a handful of greenies for a job well done! She's going on 6 years old and such a GREAT buddy!:)

Those Enduro Sharkies really kept her going.....LOL

You guys have one great lookin' pup. Trail doggies are the best. Mine is 9.

21287155.jpg

Great trip report.

MichaelJ, I almost stopped at the pie stand last week on the way back from a hike up Old Speck.