6 pack attack

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmus

Reaction score
I'm heading to this area (now that Sabrina had finish :p), with the idea of doing Snow, NKD and Whitecap in a day. Elephant is also on my radar.

I found this :
Guide of roads to Maine NEHH Boundary Peaks (AKA 6 pack)

This is great ! Thanks Marc.

Any recommendations ? Any update on road conditions ?

Is hunting season started in Maine ?

Thanks to anyone who can help, I appreciate it.

Julie

For COP Snow, there is a small cairn at a logging road jct about 1 mile into hike -- left goes to pond and old route (muddy) right fork goes up newer dry logging road to height of land where herpath crosses, right to summit !

Hope this helps!

Have fun, Jooo-lie!

Hi Julie,

Re. Maine hunting season, there is not much permitted right now, although many seasons open September 26, 29 and October 1. The most notable open season right now is bear, but that is usually not a major risk. Here is a link for the Maine hunting seasons:

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_trapping/pdfs/2011HuntingSeasonsChart072611.pdf

I hike in western Maine a lot and usually wear at least one article of blaze orange after Labor Day. I will strap some orange clothing to my pack and wear both a blaze orange hat and vest from September 26 through end of year.

Hope that helps.

Marty

I just finished the 100 highest 3 weeks ago on Whitecap and NKD and the roads were in excellent condition. I had no problem with my 4x2 pickup. The trail to White cap is easy to find and follow, NKD was a little more difficult, we kept losing the herd path, but we would find it again pretty quickly. Good luck.

I find the best way to attack a 6-pack is to ensure you have a comfortable couch, bag of chips and football on the tv. Essential gear would be a bottle opener, but if you go light and fast, then bring cans to eliminate the need for a bottle opener.

Begin your attack early.. preferrably before happy hour. You'll be glad you did when the 4 o'clock game comes on.

A map of your route from the couch to the fridge might be necessary if attacking multiple six packs, maybe even a compass.. but if you stash a cooler by the couch, it'll ensure success.

Good luck!

I find the best way to attack a 6-pack is to ensure you have a comfortable couch, bag of chips and football on the tv. Essential gear would be a bottle opener, but if you go light and fast, then bring cans to eliminate the need for a bottle opener.

Begin your attack early.. preferrably before happy hour. You'll be glad you did when the 4 o'clock game comes on.

A map of your route from the couch to the fridge might be necessary if attacking multiple six packs, maybe even a compass.. but if you stash a cooler by the couch, it'll ensure success.

Good luck!

Hey thanks, these are good advice. Ever thought of becoming a party planner ?

:D

And thanks everybody !

We had good luck with Marc's red "Cupsuptic Route" for Cupsuptic Snow. It's a fun one because once you get up to the clearcut area, you can see the peak and choose your route (we chose to follow the ridge line above the clearcut).

Essential gear would be a bottle opener, but if you go light and fast, then bring cans to eliminate the need for a bottle opener.

I know that siege tactics have fallen out of favour these days, but I'm still a fan of the keg, which allows for a multi-day effort.

(Putting up a couple fixed lines can also help you retreat back to the couch after establishing the route to the loo... ;))

Good luck!

Ok thats it are you single?

Good luck!

Probably the most green worthy advice I've read in a long time! :D