8/18 Compass course by MA Wildlife - FREE!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugan

Reaction score
http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dfw/dfwhuntr.htm
Scroll down to see the class descriptions.

Where: Westminster MA
When: Saturday August 18th, 8am to 5:30 pm
Price: Free
Description: "Map, Compass & Survival Courses involve one weekend day (10 hrs.) divided between classroom and field exercises. Topics include instruction on wilderness survival, as well as the use of a compass and topographical map for land navigation. Due to the technical nature of the course, it is not recommended for anyone under the age of 12. "

I stumbled across this link a year or more ago. I've been meaning to take the class ever since. I've heard good reviews of this class from a few people, and you can't beat the price!

A while back I reserved space for a group of 5. In recent days, 2 of those participants have cancelled. Confirmed so far are Cantdog, Rocksnrolls, and myself. This leaves space for 2 more, if anyone is interested. You do not have to be a MA resident to take this class.

If you'd like to join in, please PM me with your email address. There's a 2 page information sheet with instructions, directions and requirements that I'll need to send to any takers.

Should I mention that a certificate and nifty looking patch are yours for taking the class?