8 mistakes....

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Specail Martin Luther King Junior holiday report!

After a too short day, saturday in Nye & Street, too short because all the afternoon, Junior played with the 2 brothers cats Sunny & Stelly I can not listen my Jazz music!!! :mad:

I think it was a bad idea to suggest at this three boys to play at 8 mistakes games. After Junior win 5 consecutive games vs 0 for the cats, to keep the interest He suggest to play same a tv-reality with the real mistake!!!

Second mistake for me, I agreed!!! Junior with his usual fair play is OK for the cats will have the night to prepare the scene.

Always with the same fair play We will use headphone, Junior with Beethoven, me with Hendrix question of culture!!!

I had a bad night, a cold night but....

In the morning, first surprise it is day light and it is only 4 o'clock in the dial!!

Junior: "It is the first mistakes" "We will be in late". The cats changed the time!.

I try to open the light without success, Junior: second mistake: "Yes the breaker is off!!

Surprise in the leaving room the refrigerator is in the middle of the piece, third mistake, fortunately when I open the door the light is on. Fast We need to replace before the Queen will come back from her birds watching weekend!!!

I need to go at the little corner and fast, 4th mistake the rest room door is locked!!!! with a note stay col! Junior O.K. "the key will be in the freezer. Yes but 5 th mistake in the button of icy nalgene"!!!!!.
Junior put the bottle in the microwave, when He saw the smile in the face cats, He stop the microwave, in the back part He find ice cream 6 th mistake, Yes the cats prefered the soft ice cream.!!!!!! :rolleyes:

When I will be able to open the rest room door I saw 7th mistake the electrick carper was at the place of the curtain shower!!!!!!! now know whu I had a cold night....

When I try to start the Pinpin mobile, 8th mistake the key was the spair key for the Queen car!!!!!!!!. Fortunately it was only a 8 mistakes game..... :D

Ouf. We finaly are able to go to a hiking day, in the road a sunday driver in front us, Junior strated the day with a grumpy face, very bad!

We parked at the Ausable Club parking and signed only at 9 h 15 minutes to Sawteeth....

The snow conditions are hard on the Ausable road, We meet 2 men hiking without snowshoes without courtesy Junior tell them: "the snowshoes are not a option...."

From the dam to the Sawteeth-Gothics junction good snowshoes tracks with 1 or 2 " inches of new powder with only few old holes. At the junction We dropped the packsack. Litte bite windy in the Sawteeth (41th 2007-08 w)summit but nice view We can see all the ridge We will hike today with a real white summit for UpperWolfJaw.

We go down fast and when We started for Gothics only 2 hikers with snowshoes maded tracks. 4,000 steps later We stop in the Piramide and look for the nice blue sky. Down fast the col and up Gothics, when We arrived over the trees line the west wind with the cold temperature bite my face, I used my right hand to protected my face and my left hand with my ski pole try to stay in stable position.

In the Gothics summit (# 4100 th summit in the Adk area, YE) We can not stay a long time just touched the hight point and restarted without tracks the wind erased all, fortunately few minute later We find the first red plastic marker We are in the trail.

Other surprise at the Gothics-Armstrong col at the junction with the trail go down in the road direction, covered with more of half snow a sleeping bag without protection, near this gear a frozen shirt, a other sleeping bag in the travel bag, near a big bump (blue sheet plastic) near full covered by the snow!?!? Junior put his hand in front his eyes when I remove the first sleeping bag, fortunately without people inside, with more precautions I remove the snow over the blue plastic, fortunately with the same result...Ouf! I don't know may be a people(s) need to go down fast may be in the middle of the night!?!??

From this junction to the Armstrong summit snowshoes tracks in the Armstrong direction. The usual icy ladder after the Armstrong shoulder, We need to go down by the left side easy up to the UWJ summit. From this point fresh snowshoes tracks, the peoples go down by the UWJ-LWJ col in the garden direction.

We dropped the packsack at the first junction, at the second junction We saw the last poeples go up and down with crampons!!!! We just catched the summit go down and near the packsack, I check the time 4 h. 37 m. since We signed. We go down the trail and meet the peoples with crampons and Junior tell them : "snowshoes for snow and crampons for ice....."

Without other trouble We signed out just before the dark time but to late to see the Patriots football game.

Hiking time: 6 hours 2 minutes..Ye We need only one more to finish the 46 this Winter but We will save this summit to work in a second goal. We need 18 more hight peaks for this goal. Stay allert in this trail report trail to read the next adventure the Junior in the ADK area....

Pinpin Junior.

P.S. Junior by vengeance put volontary 8 mistakes :p in this report How many are You able to find? The winner will win a travel in thumb for Miami one way only.......Are You able to win? :D

Big Slide.

Hi ColdRunRiver,

Yes Big Slide is the last frontiere for Junior .....but it is not a mistake try again. ;)

Pinpin Junior.

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
From the dam to the Sawteeth-Gothics junction good snowshoes tracks with 1 or 2 " inches of new powder with only few old holes. At the junction We dropped the packsack.

From this junction to the Armstrong summit snowshoes tracks in the Armstrong direction. The usual icy ladder after the Armstrong shoulder, We need to go down by the left side easy up to the UWJ summit. From this point fresh snowshoes tracks, the peoples go down by the UWJ-LWJ col in the garden direction.

We dropped the packsack at the first junction,

Pinpin Junior.

P.S. Junior by vengeance put volontary 8 mistakes :p in this report How many are You able to find? The winner will win a travel in thumb for Miami one way only.......Are You able to win? :D

Ah Alain, You and Junior take the one way trip to Miami by thumb but I find mistake #9 and mistake #10, you drop packsack twice along the way. :)

Miami beach!!!

Hi Skyclimber,

It is not realy a mistake...I think it isn't your first time Your read the Junior reports and He never takes his packsack after He droped off it.
At this rhythm I will need to make over time to pay all the packsacks Junior stay in the wood...

MotherSpruce ;) tell me I do not give a good exemple when I dropeed off my pack, it a point of view and Junior respect it, but what it is good for one it is not neceesary good for everyone......the level of risk it is very different for each people.

But later this week You will see You are not very fare of a Junior mistake!! :cool:

To keep the interest I will put one mistake by day.

mistake # 1 Regular reader You need to keep in memory: a precedent report this winter, tell You Junior made Saddleback-Gothics-Armstrong-UWJ-LWJ. For this reason (41th 2007-08 w) is the first mistake. the real was (45th 2007-08 w) and the rest of the day just my answer at the Junior answer when I ask him, what do You prefere Junior return at the base camp or go for the ridge?

Junior answer: "Do You ask at a horse it is like oats?"

What the second mistake?

Pinpin Junior

It isn't the first time I read Junior Report and it won't be the last time either. They are very enjoyable and you have quite an imagination. :)

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Specail We need only one more to finish the 46 this Winter but We will save this summit to work in a second goal. We need 18 more hight peaks for this goal. Stay allert in this trail report trail to read the next adventure the Junior in the ADK area....
I'll make a guess at this part. I think you only need 18 more peaks to make 92 rounds? 46x46 X2! Maybe Junior is going to retire and take a one way hike to Miami and force Alain to get a new hiking partner, maybe Junior have a son?
:D

Good guess

Hi ColdRiverRun, :)

Perfect guess, (may be You have a priviliged informations) except for the Junior plan after his retirement, He will leave with his father Pinpin and his mother Queen, the Junior brothers will be ready to guide me at this time.. ;) ....I hope.....

Pinpin Junior.

The only problem with this is your screen name. Maybe they let you change to PinPinIII. Or maybe Junior have a brother in law that goes by a different name? Does Junior know Thumper from Bambi movie? I have seen him slide on the ice like Thumper did in the movie, maybe they distant relative like third cousin on mother side :D

Another fun write-up, PINPIN JUNIOR. I was there for the whole hike, but trying to imagine adding snow to my (summer) memory. What fun!

Glossing through the character back-stories is like coming into an HBO series mid-season. I have no idea what's going on, but it's interesting anyway.

"the level of risk it is very different for each people" Yes indeed but:

Alain, you would like climbers to wear their snowshoes in bed, so you can go faster, well for myself and the 46-Rs it’s more important that they carry their emergency gear at all time. It can be said that wearing snowshoes where the snow is deep is safer as well but when at lower elevation the trail is hard packed I see no problem with bare booting, a few dents here and there aren’t that important.

:D With the huge amount of Pine Marten in the woods this winter you may come home with one of them in your pack instead of Junior!

--------A climber, in winter not long ago, left his pack and part of his gear at Time Square, when he came back half the content was gone for ever and the rest scattered around… it turned out be a costly decision as well!-------

Snowshoes repair kit.....

Hi BlackSpruce and other readrers..... ;)

I agreed with You, also when I dropped off my pack I always keep with me, my compass, maps, water bottle (with water in...) and a snowshoes repair kit. Also always (specialy if I hiked alone, more of 90%) I do not take chance where I recognizing a eventual dangerous place.
In winter time, I have also a different approach specialy if the temperature is cold or will be cold.

The light You are, fast You will be, but also You have better chance to stay without tiredness, You will be stay with fast reflex and a better view, better take decision when the fatality build a wall in front You to try to catch You.
You can not count only in your good start or your gardian angel.... :)

I accept the risk but I thing I have a long experience to recognize the risk a never provoke the risk and I know am only a mortal man and few time before We had a (bad) exemple how the hazard can catch a life....... :eek:

The second Junior mistake was: in Sawteeth, nice view We can see all the ridge We will hike today with a real white summit for UpperWolfJaw.

From Sawteeth You can not see over Gothics & Armstrong the Wolfjaw. :rolleyes:

What the next?.....come back tomorrow....

Pinpin Junior.

Meeting Up

Alain, I sent you an email through this site letting you know my agenda. For the most part, I am totally free to do anything anywhere anytime you have next week. Topo and I leave early Saturday morning and are staying in the area until next Sunday night. Topo has been hopping around the house in anticipation of hiking with the jazz rabbit. If you cannot email me before you go up this week (topofgothics@hotmail), I will try to access my email during the week if possible. Worst case, leave a message where and when to meet up on my cell (716-698-3752) and if I get reception, I will retrieve my messages. Thanks

:cool: Alain, thanks a million for your constructive comments which prove that you care about safety!

In May 1962 when the Forty-Sixers became a not-for-profit organization new bylaws stating the objectives were passed:
“The fostering and protection of the natural resources within the Adirondack forest Preserve of the State of New York and the preservation of the wilderness character of the region. These objects shall be promoted by educating the public to the availability and benefits of outdoor activity and the increased use of the Forest Preserve by encouragement, information, and example, and assuring that those who do engage in wilderness endeavor under the aegis of this organization do so well informed and prepared, carrying on their activities in a manner adapted to secure fullest enjoyment, safety, and preservation of the wilderness.”

third mistake..

Hi impatient readers. ;)

You passed a part of the night just turned and turned in your bed....

Junior wrothe: We go down fast and when We started for Gothics ....4,000 steps later We stop in the Pyramide.

The distance between Sawteeth and Sawteeth-Gothics col is half mile and one mile from the col to Gothics summit.
Yes usualy Junior made fast small steps :rolleyes: but He needs 4,000 steps for the col too Gothics.
When You arrive in Pyramide You are half way for Gothics but the second 2,000 steps will be easyer: go down the col and up before the plateau (flat part before) the real Gothics summit.

Tomorrow the 4th mistake.

Have a better night :D

Pinpin Junior

PINPIN JUNIOR said:
Down fast the col and up Gothics, when We arrived over the trees line the west wind with the cold temperature bite my face, I used my right hand to protected my face and my left hand with my ski pole try to stay in stable position.
West wind would be hitting you in the left side so you would use left hand to protect face and right hand to hold pole for your balance. ;)
In the Gothics summit (# 4100 th summit in the Adk area, YE) We can not stay a long time just touched the hight point and restarted without tracks the wind erased all, fortunately few minute later We find the first red plastic marker We are in the trail.
Red marker wrong! Red near there is for ATIS trail markers would take you down to the valley you want to stay on the range trail!
:p

First winner.....

Hi ColdRiverRun,

Yes the West wind come from the left side!!!!!

Congratulation, Cory, Junior always thinks You are not only a good fox with a good cardio heart but also a functional head in your shoulders...... ;)

It is very difficult to protect your face with the opposed hand of the West wind and it is the same for the other hand with the ski pole for the stability, It is recommanded only for the yogin people.... :rolleyes:

When I will see You I will give You your first price. May tomorrow if You have a plan to hike...please e-mail me.

What the next mistake? We will see tomorrow if ColdRiverRun find the 5 th mistake...... :confused:

Pinpin Junior

;)
All that brainstorming, we the readers, have no more energy for climbing!

Two Mistakes?

Junior, if you signed in at 9:15 and hiked for six hours, it would be 3:15 when you signed out. Not only would that be 90 minutes until sunset and it would not be 'just before the dark time', but the Patriot game started at three, so you could have easily stopped for a drink on the way home and watched the game!