A Emotional day hike......

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PINPIN JUNIOR

Reaction score
Hi readers and hikers,:cool:

Few people know this secret;), but now it is the revelation time.

Sunday, 03-08-09 with The Queen, (Janet Stein) Pinpin, The Queen Rabbit, Pinpin Junior and Pinpin The 3th We started from St-Huberts in a nice sunny morning to hike Sawteeth.

At the junction between Sawteeth & Gothics We meet 2 young men, one was J. Kobak (one of the best friend of Ed Bunk) He tells Us " We hiked with Ed 2 weeks before and it was his plan to come with Us here today".

Janet tells Us: "I am sure his spirit is not fare"

The first time We meet Ed it was when Ed start to break the fast 46 winter round, He was my rabbit, We meet when Ed go down Blake and We go up, at this time I was a comparative hiker, it was my plan to catch up with Him.
Unfortunately, because I had not my snoshoes with Me, after Nippletop the snow was to deep and I never go to Dial, when I arrived at the register I just write Congratulation.

When Ed see my after He askes Me "Why did You write this thing?" My answer: "Because I never catch You!"

Ed, Jonathan Asper, 2 other men and Us, We had a memorable hike to try Wright Peak by the slide, it was a day without visibility....Surprise We arrive in the Algonguin!!!:eek:

Other time, We hiked Sewart range and Seymour with a good pace, At the register parking We drink a beer for this fast hike.

When Pinpin finished his 46 X 46 Ed was one of the special people they received a official card invitation, Ed arrived with a friend by the back side of Phelps, He give me a t-shirt with this inscription: "in chumps we trust".:)

When I know Ed was joint Grace in a other world it was a choc for Me.

It is one of the reasons I take the decision to do not made a large group for this the last hike. By accident We meet J. Kobak and his friend and it was distressing for Me.

For made a short story, when We summited Sawteeth I was in smile and in tears.

Janet give me a small bottle au champagne, We made a toast at the ultime goal, after We made a toast to Ed....later to my best hikers friends. Before We started to go down I tell a great THANK YOU at the 46 mountains...

I call the ultime goal: The tripple crowns

In this day, in Sawteeth after I started in 09-21-96 in Cascade & Porter with Suzanne, The rabbit familly finished:

25 Winter rounds.
50 Consecutives Seasons.
100 times X 46 High Peaks.

We keep this easy mountain, because when We started this last season We need 67 High Peaks to catch the Ultime goal, and it was the only mountain We need only one time for each of the tripple crown, it was the plan to hike with a big group at last minute We changed this plan.

Sory for Tom, Bob, Corey, Ellen, Jeffrey,..... and my Quebeckers friends:eek:. It was a too emotional day, to protect Me I take the decision to hike only with The Queen and my Rabbit Familly......

Thank You every hikers with We hiked or meet....Now You know why in my other trip report We tell You :

"Now this is the time to turn the page...."

Pinpin The 3th.

Congratulation to you Alain :)

Bravo mon ami Alain,
It is quite an achievement that you've done. As I say the other evening, I would have liked to be with you to celebrate this memorable hike. But I understand you.
You are a living legend for all hikers.

Alain/Janet!

Congratulations to you! Of course you are amazing, but I have come to expect nothing less. :D
It is always a pleasure to cross paths w/ you.
I hope to share time in your future activities and wish you both the best!!

Ça dépasse l'entendement tellement c'est majeur.

I can't quite wrap my head around it. The post office should make a stamp or they should name a peak after you. Le Mont Pin-Pin. :D

One hundred rounds of the 46. That has a special ring to it.

We all hope to read about whatever new activities you partake in.

Congrats, again !
I expect that when you are out there the, even the bears see you as a regular friend.(Whenever you slow down , a bit)
Thank you for sharing this with us , Alain. :)

Sory for Tom, Bob, Corey, Ellen, Jeffrey,..... and my Quebeckers friends:eek:. It was a too emotional day, to protect Me I take the decision to hike only with The Queen and my Rabbit Familly......

Do not be sorry. I sensed you would make this special hike a quiet one. It was a moment that was made especially for you and Janet to share alone together. I am proud of your accomplishment, proud of you, and proud to know you. Most especially I am happy that you completed your quest while giving all your attention to the fine woman who has not only been by your side through this amazing journey, but whose extraordinary accomplishments are inspiring in themselves. May all your tomorrows be filled with happiness, my friends.

Congratulation Alain for this achievement. Some time it is good to be
alone in the mountain and I respect you for that.

Have lots of fun in your futur activities.:)

You are my inspiration for all the long hike I attemp.

winter record??

so--is there a 46 winter record?? if so--who holds it and how long did it take them??? a couple of white mtn folks are curious???

The Queen, (Janet Stein) Pinpin, The Queen Rabbit, Pinpin Junior and Pinpin The 3th

The Queen and my Rabbit Familly......

Most especially I am happy that you completed your quest while giving all your attention to the fine woman who has not only been by your side through this amazing journey, but whose extraordinary accomplishments are inspiring in themselves.

And one more from a day I will always remember.

Congratulations Alain!

Thanks for sharing a beautiful story.

Happy Trails - Cindy

Alain a huge thank you is in order as well since to your inimitable achievements you can add that countless climbers who became Winter Forty-Sixers during your own quest would have never done so without your "guidance".

Félicitations pour la légende humaine...

Merci encore pour ta compagnie et félicitations pour ta persévérance;

On se voit bientôt pour la suite...

Serge