A nice blaze orange jersey for hunting season

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
As I was asked by a friend who liked my blaze orange long sleeve cycling jersey I wear now during hunting season, I thought I'd pass this on for others.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=20719&item=10-5660&slitrk=search&slisearch=true

The above is a breathable, polyester long sleeve jersey that if you buy the Orange color, it is a hunter orange and is on sale for $25 with free shipping right now.

I wear it on my bike commute now that it's dark outside but I also wear it now when hiking during hunting season. It's thin, it's definitely not water proof but is very visible and has the usual cycling pockets in the back and a 12" zipper down the front.

Here's a vest too:
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/Profile.cfm?SKU=22954&item=10-9537&slitrk=search&slisearch=true

Just passing this on...

Jay

Jay -
Great tip!!!
I have the Performance Blaze Orange as well as the Hi Viz Yellow (They don't seem to have it any longer).

I used to wear them alternately when I bike commuted between Sterling,MA
and Marlboro, MA when we lived up there a couple of years ago. I earned the nickname "Pylon Boy" from my coworkers because when I wore the orange, I looked like an upside down traffic cone on my bike. :D
PS I they run small, I would definately order a size up - especially if you want something under it.

Rick said:
Jay -

PS I they run small, I would definately order a size up - especially if you want something under it.

Pylon Boy... I mean Rick, yeah, I have a medium and I'm a fairly small guy.. 5'5", 130lbs. The polyester is kind of stretchy though.

If it's too hot to wear, one can simply use the long sleeves to tie it to your pack or so and still have some visibility for hunters..

jay