ALLEN MTN - Saturday 8/12 - Cascade Porter 8/13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zer0-G

Reaction score
I am planning on doing these three peaks this weekend.

Allen Mtn, I plan on leaving the PA between 6 to 6:30 AM

Cascade and Porter - 7 AM.

I guess the parking area for Allen is near Macintyre Furnace? Still working on the location.

The Cascade and Porter PA is Just South of Marcy Airfield.

If anyone is interested please let me know.

These will be numbers 40, 41 and 42.

Zer0-G

Are you sure you want to do Cascade and Porter over Blueberry Mtn.? From Cascade Lakes, its a round trip of about 6.5 miles, as opposed to about 11 miles round trip from Marcy Airfield. You might want an easier hike after Allen. If that's your intent - go for it and have fun! And the parking for Allen is easy to find - right off the road on the right after the old furnace. You'll pass the parking for Bradley Pond and the Santanonis on your left. Don't go up Mount Adams! Enjoy.

Buffalogal said:
Are you sure you want to do Cascade and Porter over Blueberry Mtn.? From Cascade Lakes, its a round trip of about 6.5 miles, as opposed to about 11 miles round trip from Marcy Airfield. You might want an easier hike after Allen. If that's your intent - go for it and have fun! And the parking for Allen is easy to find - right off the road on the right after the old furnace. You'll pass the parking for Bradley Pond and the Santanonis on your left. Don't go up Mount Adams! Enjoy.

I'll check it out. I think I'd prefer the shorter route.
Thanks