Alpinista's AP Peakbagging Story

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davehiker

Reaction score
Central Mass. Avatar: Home, from Google Earth
It looks like hiking, peakbagging, and VFTT are recieving some great press from Alpinista's peakbagging AP story in today's papers. It's a great read, right on page 3 of my Worcester Telegram. Here's a link to an on-line version from the Boston Globe.

Congratulations, and thanks, for a job well done! :)

Great story!

Great story - clearly Dave Metsky and I need to get going on a proper trail name!

Lisa,
Great story, very inspiring.
Let me know if you are ever in need again for someone to haul up a flap pole for you to fly your flag for Flags on the 48, It would be my pleasure to do it again. :)

Happy Trails
Sticks

Rockin'!

Wow! I'm so stoked that the article is showing up in all these places. I even got an e-mail from a fellow out in San Diego who did some White Mountain peakbagging when he was a student 30 years ago at UNH, and had seen the piece in the paper out there.

It was the toughest thing I've ever had to write. But it ended up also being a lot of fun to try to convey to non-hikers why we all get out there.

Thanks to everyone here on VFTT for your sage advice over the years, the encouragement and your friendship. And thanks for keeping tabs on where this article is appearing; I'm stuck in Virginia at the moment (no snow here! :( ) and waiting to get a flight back to snowy Boston.

Happy Trails, everyone! :D :D :D

'nista

Lisa,excellent job!
I found the article while cruising through the paper Saturday. Read through most of the article before I realized who wrote it. What a pleasant surprise!

Lisa, an excellent article! You captured the spectrum of hiker feelings beautifully. Looking forward to Cabot.

Well what do you know!

I hadn't checked in here in quite a little while and when I do--I see this thread.

Wonderful and well-written article Lisa! Glad I caught it!