AMC is paying for promotion on Google

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I typed in "Mt Washington" today on a google search and up popped a promoted listing for AMC. I dont remember seeing AMC buying paid ads before.

As in online? If they are in neighboring states outdoor publications, like the ADK Club's magazine or ADK Life they are paying for them. I suspect they are in Yankee Magazine and other regional publications. (We have a CT magazine, imagine Boston has one.)

ADK's magazine, Adirondac, is only available to Club members in print or online with a password.
Adirondac would be a good place for the AMC to recruit new members. I can't have been the only person who was a member of ADK and AMC at the same time.

Not sure if it still goes on, but clubs used to share their mailing lists between outdoor organizations with similar interests. I wonder if the electronic version of this is occurring or if google has usurped it and found a way to make a buck.

I was an ADK committee chair. Over my tenure, the membership list was closely held to avoid members feeling their information was being shared. Don't think that has changed.

I was an ADK committee chair. Over my tenure, the membership list was closely held to avoid members feeling their information was being shared. Don't think that has changed.
Maybe...but when I became an ADK member in the early 90s, I began receiving subscription solicitations from Adirondack Life and one other magazine whose name escapes me.