..and yet another tragedy

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stood right there and you couldn't pay me to get up and straddle that railing.

Last edited:
We've read or seen these stories before, someone gets to close to the top edge, Whether it's National Parks, tourist areas, Bear Rock Falls along the AT, there's even a memorial marker for a hiker on the trail to Zugspitze in Germany who did the same thing.

Has anyone seen pictures from the edge of any falls looking down? (the area at Chapman Falls in Devil's Hopyard State Park in CT in CT allows you to get close to the side, near the top of the falls but only in Spring is this a decent angle in comparison to the bottom.) Chapman is maybe 30 feet in height, a

If I recall correctly there is a spot near Beaver Meadow Falls (maybe I'm thinking of another one though on the way to the Sawteeth, Pyramid col) where there is a decent side view but it's not as good as the bottom)

IMO, falls are better seen from near the bottom so you can see all of them. Good to see if Spring & then in winter. (Lower Race Brook Falls is nice frozen)

Moderator Note
While it is a park, I'm not sure how this story relates to hiking. We have a few other threads where we are discussing the relationship between personal responsibility and guardrails so I'm going to shut this one down.

Please contact me or Peakbagr if you want it reopened.

-dave-

Status
Not open for further replies.