Andrew Brook Trail on Sunapee

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebcskier

Reaction score
Does anybody know how where the access for this trail on Mt. Sunapee is. Can it be accessed for the ski parking lot. Are there any other skinable trails up to the summit as I know they do not like skinners on the main trails.

Thanks

The trailhead is off The Mountain Road, a bit SW of the entrance to Sunapee Ski Area. There is a pullout with room for ~5 cars.
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=43.29784&lon=-72.03835&size=m&u=4&datum=nad27&layer=DRG25

You can connect to the ski area at the top of the mountain and ski down on the groomers. (I have no idea what the official policy on this might be.) You will need a car spot--it is a bit far to walk between parking lots.

FWIW, I have skinned up this trail to the summit.

Doug

Last edited:
Take exit 9 off I-89 and follow NH Route 103 about 12.5 miles, before reaching Newbury village turn L (S) on Mountain Road and continue 1.2 miles to trailhead on Right just before Andrew Brook bridge.

You PAY them for a LIFT TICKET, not a ski-down ticket, right? So, how could they fault you if you hiked/skinned up and skied down? I can see they wouldn't want you going up on a downhill trail...

Cannon must be similar, along with Tecumseh / Waterville.

Tim

bikehikeskifish said:
You PAY them for a LIFT TICKET, not a ski-down ticket, right? So, how could they fault you if you hiked/skinned up and skied down? I can see they wouldn't want you going up on a downhill trail...
Depends on the agreement with the land owner. Remember, the ski area takes risks due to you being there (eg you get hurt or you cause a patron to get hurt). Also possible theft of services--they also provide a cleared, snowed, and groomed skiway.

Cannon must be similar, along with Tecumseh / Waterville.
Not necessarily. For instance, some will let you skin up, some will not.

Doug

DougPaul said:
Depends on the agreement with the land owner. Remember, the ski area takes risks due to you being there (eg you get hurt or you cause a patron to get hurt). Also possible theft of services--they also provide a cleared, snowed, and groomed skiway.

Not necessarily. For instance, some will let you skin up, some will not.

Doug

The line my friend got was primarily about insurance. You buy a ticket to use there trails regardless whether you ride the lift or not. I've skinned Wildcat many times when they are open and never had any problems and there's always a few other skinners.

I wander if Sunapee gives you the line on the phone. Anybody ever tried to skin from the lifts and get kicked off. I am usually on the trail skinning before the lifts open and go up the most outside trail. I've skinned Pat's Peak with no problems before.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.