Andrew Brook Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I answered my own question by reading the BlogSpot more thoroughly. It will happen this spring.

Nice trail! I will look forward to the upgrades ... A great place to hang out on a winter day that's too stormy for 4000 footers, by the way

The Cardigan Highlanders Volunteer Trail Crew adopts the Andrew Brook Trail through the Monadnock-Sunapee Greenway Trail Club as agent for SPNHF. All upkeep and building on that trail these past 20 years is by CHVTC. When the parking lot is finished we will finish cutting the trail on the route I flagged and SPNHF approved. There is some sidehilling and drains to build, a 12' bridge to move less than 1/4 mile along the contour of the mountain to its new site, then we will close off the old trail and blaze the entire Andrew Brook Trail. After the trail relocation is open to traffic we must monitor hiker impacts and add more drainage/steps/hardening to mitigate those impacts.

We welcome all willing workers who want to help us maintain this trail and the others we tend on this mountain and others nearby, especially Cardigan and Kearsarge. Thank you.

That adoption sounds complicated! We worked hard on Saturday to break out this lovely trail. I am willing to help you a bit with getting the trail ready, but have to pay most attention to the one I have adopted up north. Keep me informed on work dates you need extra hands.

Dear Ellen,
The organizational chain of responsibility has its layers, and the variety of trail projects means some planning and logistics, but on the workday the job at hand is usually simple enough. We'll be glad to welcome you!

Cnd