Another Tick Disease Is Here

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are about 7 tick-borne diseases here in the NE. Since all except for Lyme* can be transmitted immediately, protection requires preventing the bite. (eg Permethrin on clothing, insect repellent, and/or clothing without gaps for entry)

* Lyme has a ~24hr delay before transmission.

Doug

This is duly noted: wearing long pants, avoiding underbrush and long grass, and using tick repellents.

I had babesiosis and Lyme at the same time a few years ago. Wasn't fun, but neither is covering head to toe in hot weather, avoiding underbrush, or bathing in chemicals. I'll take my chances.

We are. About 2000 miles west to Cheyenne, WY...
Oh, wow, that is exciting! I have colleagues a the U in Laramie, and I love the Snowy Range, although it has been since August 2010. My six years in Colorado, Idaho, and Seattle way, way back were a special time in my life. Enjoy the big skies and gorgeous sunsets!

Thanks. Looking forward to exploring the Snowy Range which is about the same distance from our new house as the Whites are from our home here. Sunsets should also be pretty nice since the house sits a little high on the prairie ( NW of Cheyenne) and has mostly unobstructed views to the horizon. Our daughter lives about 1.5 hours down the road towards Denver and I have a sister who lives in Wilson, WY (Jackson Hole). Was out there last weekend for a look-see. Windy, windy, windy...

Thanks. Looking forward to exploring the Snowy Range which is about the same distance from our new house as the Whites are from our home here. Sunsets should also be pretty nice since the house sits a little high on the prairie ( NW of Cheyenne) and has mostly unobstructed views to the horizon. Our daughter lives about 1.5 hours down the road towards Denver and I have a sister who lives in Wilson, WY (Jackson Hole). Was out there last weekend for a look-see. Windy, windy, windy...

Make sure you check out Vedauwoo recreational area about 15 miles to the west. It's an area mostly used by rock climbers but still very beautiful to visit and camp even if you're not a climber. You might even catch the Laramie University vertical dance team practicing on the "Coke Bottle" above the main parking lot. (Assuming that dance team still exist, it's been about 10 years since my most recent visit.)

Make sure you check out Vedauwoo recreational area about 15 miles to the west. It's an area mostly used by rock climbers but still very beautiful to visit and camp even if you're not a climber. You might even catch the Laramie University vertical dance team practicing on the "Coke Bottle" above the main parking lot. (Assuming that dance team still exist, it's been about 10 years since my most recent visit.)
Thanks for that info. Will check it out. Was not aware. Usually, when we are out there visiting, we cut thru Fort Collins and pick up I80 in Laramie so we never travel on that section between Cheyenne and Laramie. Right now, I am trying to figure how to "sneak" into RMNP so as to avoid their timed entry reservation system, which will start again in late May. I know you can enter the Park before 5AM without a reservation, but.... RMNP is only about 60 miles from the new house.