Anybody got Monday (1/2) off?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeping bear

Reaction score
I've got plans for the weekend, but have Monday off as well. I'd really like to spend the day in the woods.

I'd prefer not to go alone, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'm up for a full day of slogging through deep snow and getting lashed by the wind. Wooohoooooo! While I've got no specific plans, maybe Osceola, or the Hancocks, or Flume and Liberty, or something else??

sleeping bear said:
I've got plans for the weekend, but have Monday off as well. I'd really like to spend the day in the woods.

I'd prefer not to go alone, so if anyone is interested, let me know. I'm up for a full day of slogging through deep snow and getting lashed by the wind. Wooohoooooo! While I've got no specific plans, maybe Osceola, or the Hancocks, or Flume and Liberty, or something else??
MEB and I are planning on doing Passaconaway. Maybe Barbarossa (Eric) is coming along. And if I can dig The Hillwalker out of his coffin, maybe he'll come as well! You're more than welcome to come along.

-Dr. Wu

dr_wu002 said:
MEB and I are planning on doing Passaconaway. Maybe Barbarossa (Eric) is coming along. And if I can dig The Hillwalker out of his coffin, maybe he'll come as well! You're more than welcome to come along.

-Dr. Wu

Any plans to tack Whiteface on there as well? I have the day off and have tentative hiking plans but, I always like to know the options. ;)

This weekend

Bear,

If all goes as planned, I will hit the Kinsmans tomorrow (Friday, 12/30) and then finish my 47th and 48th winter peaks on Monday on Lincoln and Laffyette.

If any of these interest you, let me know by this evening for tomorrow or Sunday for Monday.

Ciao

Clark

Plan?

Double Bow said:
Any plans to tack Whiteface on there as well? I have the day off and have tentative hiking plans but, I always like to know the options. ;)
DB: You should know me and my 'plans' by now. I plan to do Whiteface and I go and do Camel's Hump instead... :) Anyway, sure -- we can 'plan' on Whiteface. I'd like to go ever there fer sure but I guess it'll be weather & time dependent. Although, if we do a loop, maybe we can go to Whiteface first. Whiteface or Passaconaway or both or neither -- it doesn't matter to me because I'm not peak bagging. I just want to get out and that's a region I'd like to go to. Hope you can come because then we can discuss the Tecumseh - Welsh Dickey hike I have planned.

-Dr. Wu

Passaconaway (and Whiteface) sound good. I like the looks of the bowl over there by Whiteface, looks like good scenery (not that any of it is bad).

dr_wu002 said:
DB: You should know me and my 'plans' by now. I plan to do Whiteface and I go and do Camel's Hump instead... :) Anyway, sure -- we can 'plan' on Whiteface. I'd like to go ever there fer sure but I guess it'll be weather & time dependent. Although, if we do a loop, maybe we can go to Whiteface first. Whiteface or Passaconaway or both or neither -- it doesn't matter to me because I'm not peak bagging. I just want to get out and that's a region I'd like to go to. Hope you can come because then we can discuss the Tecumseh - Welsh Dickey hike I have planned.

-Dr. Wu

LOL!!! Yes, I know how extensively you plan things! :rolleyes: I should have known better than to ask. I guess I figured that maybe MEB got you to nail things down or something...

I know you're not a peakbagger but, I'd be more interested in Whiteface than Passaconaway. I haven't been on Whiteface in years. Either way, the bowl should be sweet. Of course, I'm in favor of doing as much as possible! :D

Right now, I'd say there's about a 60% chance that I'll be joining ya'...

Ok...I'm in for doing Whitface as well if that's what everyone wants to do. Either way I'm ok with whatever we end up hiking. If we do the loop going up Whiteface first would be my choice of direction. :)

-MEB

I might be up for Passaconaway and Whiteface on Monday. I haven't hiked either one of those. I will be up in the Bethel area on Sunday. Let me get back to you if I am for sure going or not....

Just to update, it now looks like an 85% chance that I'll be there. It should be sweet! I can hardly wait!

MEB, I totally agree about the direction of the loop, unless we want to go up Dicey's Mill and repeat Adamiata's recent decent of the Tom Wiggins Trail (see Whiteface TR), though that may be a bit more adventure at the end of a long day than we want... then again, considering the crew... I don't think anything would be too crazy for us! :D :D

Whatever, this is going to be, LEGENDARY!!! :D

sknydpper said:
I might be up for Passaconaway and Whiteface on Monday. I haven't hiked either one of those. I will be up in the Bethel area on Sunday. Let me get back to you if I am for sure going or not....
We're meeting at 8am at Ferncroft on Monday morning if you want to come along!

-Dr. Wu