Are you still buying water in plastic bottles ? Really ?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you buy water in plastic bottles ?

• I buy regularly and throw them away.

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I buy occasionally but reuse and/or recycle them.

Votes: 36 36.4%
  • I agree, what a ridiculous waste of money and resources.

Votes: 55 55.6%
  • shutuppayouface

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never Youtube because the carbon footprint is way too big for the benefit derived.

In fact, one Google search releases no less than 6 grams of carbon into the atmosphere. You are reading this post? There goes another 3 grams. :eek:

To be honest the computer (server to be specific) industry is one of the biggest proponents of green. The greener the server the less to operate (power and cooling). Data centers are literally maxing out on the amount of power you can physically bring into the building and need the green servers to grow without increasing energy use.

Of course the other end of this is the need to properly recycle to old hardware.

If you advocate joining the ranks of Dr. K's clientèle (no repeat customers I am sure) then I'll go, after you.

Btw, the good thing about becoming overweight is that you sequester carbon as your girth increases. That's a service to humanity.

Beer bottles get re-used but I wonder what happens to wine bottles. In Ontario all wine bottles (unsure about hard liquor bottles) are slapped with a deposit and have to go back to where they were purchased, in government run outlets.

If you advocate joining the ranks of Dr. K's clientèle (no repeat customers I am sure) then I'll go, after you.

I'll let the good doctor know who to come for next

Btw, the good thing about becoming overweight is that you sequester carbon as your girth increases. That's a service to humanity.

Can't comment there. I fight to keep the weight on.

Beer bottles get re-used but I wonder what happens to wine bottles. In Ontario all wine bottles (unsure about hard liquor bottles) are slapped with a deposit and have to go back to where they were purchased, in government run outlets.

In Maine the only beverage bottles that don't get a deposit are those for milk. Beer, wine, hard liquor, soda, juice.. even bottled water.. 5 to 15 cents per bottle.

Last edited:
Those 1.5 L Poland Springs bottles are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Take 2 of them with me.