Bald Mtn. (Antrim)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonadnockVol

Reaction score
What a pretty hike this was.

2534072707_47e2e40fe3.jpg

(Mt. Monadnock in the background with Skatutakee
and Thumb
in the foreground. I believe the water is Lake Nubanusit.)

I'd never been here before but read about it in Adamowicz's Hiking the Monadnock Region and also on NH Mountain Hiking.

I hiked the Tudor trail, bushwhacked a little north of Willard Pond and then took Bald Mtn and Tamposi trails back to the car. Nary a cloud in the sky and a stiff breeze meant that I got by without repellent (although during a couple of "lulls" I received many bites). This would be a fantastic place to hike with children (after bug season).

You can view the rest of the photos from this hike here

- Monadnock Volunteer (still alive, still hiking)​

This is one of my favorite area hikes, and the only place that I have seen a deer while hiking. There are usually loons in Willard pond to listen to, and blueberries in season.

Quietman said:
There are usually loons in Willard pond to listen to, and blueberries in season.

I did see a loon come up from a dive, with a fish in its mouth, while I was there today.

- Steve

Very nice! This one flew under my radar....never even knew about it. I am always looking for local hikes (the Uncanoonucs are practically in my backyard) for spring time jaunts when I want to avoid the snow up north. Something to add to the to-do list, thanks!

Brian