Balsam Lake Weekend 1/9-11/2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Ok, this is to let people know that the Cabin *MIGHT* be open the weekend of January 9th - 11th, 2009. The tower will be open too, weather permitting. More details to come.

You can not sleep over but you can come in and get warm with us, and have a cup of hot tea, or whatever.

Any interest?

I can't say definitely, but I'd say they're a good chance I'd be up for a dayhike up there on that weekend. Hopefully my back shouldn't be an issue by then. My agenda this winter has less to do with bagging peaks than other stuff like studying nature, birding, practicing skiing, having fun hiking wherever my mood takes me, and spending time outdoors with friends. A winter trip up Balsam Lake Mt. could well cover all those, although the ski part would be very tentative at this point. Maybe the easy parts of the jeep trail. Anyway....

Matt

BTW, I saw you on the way to work today. I was walking along, crossing the footbridge on 32 by Stewarts. It took a moment to register since I was kind of lost in thought.

Planning on it.

I'm planning on coming up on Saturday the 10th. If anyone from the Syracuse area wants to join me, car pool, etc., feel free. I plan to come from Mill Brook Rd. with a start time of 10:30-11:00.

Tom and Laurie, any requests for a favorite, carbonated, fermented beverage to be enjoyed responsibly?

teejay

Bump! We're going up early Saturday and staying till some time Sunday afternoon, with a possible hike to Graham at some point, TBD.