blue berry trailhead

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adk_dib

Reaction score
is the trailhead for this mtn at marcy field? ALso, is the summit marked. do not want to walk all the way to porter ( I am on a time schedule ). Finally, are there any water sources? taking my dog and need to know how much water to carry. Thanks.

Adk_dib said:
is the trailhead for this mtn at marcy field? ALso, is the summit marked. do not want to walk all the way to porter ( I am on a time schedule ). Finally, are there any water sources? taking my dog and need to know how much water to carry. Thanks.

Yes, the trailhead is at Marcy Field. I can't speak to water or a marked summit, however, as the only time I've climbed Porter from this side, I went up from the Garden (back in the old days when you went through people's backyards!).

The summit of Blueberry has a huge erratic boulder. Can't miss it.

The last water is about 1/2 way up when you turn right and cross the stream you have been following for about a mile. Above that it is mostly rock, which will erode you dog's paws if they aren't toughened.