BSP Reservations - Looks like no on-line backcountry reservations again

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peakbagger

Super Moderator
Staff member
VFTT Supporter
Reaction score
I took a look today at the early season summer reservations for BSP (sites are open to July 7th). It looks like they are doing what they did last year, drive up campsites are open to on-line reservations while backcountry seems to be only by phone. That is definitely a continuation of an idea that should have gone away last year. I realize that there were some covid restrictions applicable to backcountry, but they could have been covered with a few pop ups. With Covid restrictions being dropped this is one that should be. Looks like unless they change the policy, it is going to be another season of multiple phone calls to get someone at the office.

Agreed, it's a real pain. In the past, it was great to be able to string together backcountry sites for multiple days checking availability and booking in real time. The phone system is a drag and I've missed out on first choices the last two years because of it.