Camp food

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtrimarc

Reaction score
I am sure there are lots of threads here, but my searches turned up fairly slim results.

Early in July, a few of us are doing a 3 day canoe trip into Lake Lila(can't wait). We do a trip each year, and most years it is a pretty rugged trip with several carries so we are limited weight-wise. This year, the only portage is from the car to the launch, less than a half mile. We are thrilled to be able to bring coolers etc., and i am therefore looking for some still simple meal ideas, but more elaborate than pouring boiling water in a pouch...and more delicious.

What are some of your favorites?

If you can point me to a thread with ideas that would be great too.

Also, what's your favorite wine in a box?

Thanks all,

Rob

If you're bringing a cooler, wouldn't every car camping meal be applicable? Plus wine in a box? Are bottles forbidden in the park? I don't drink so I wouldn't know that one....

-Shayne

rtrimarc said:
Also, what's your favorite wine in a box?

Hey Rob,

Wine in a box is an abomination. Skyy vodka ("American made from American grain") in a Nalgene is a drink. "...Liquor is quicker".

As far as food is concerned, if you can bring "coolers etc.", everything is possible.

Steve

Last edited:
Yea, the girls I used to room with liked the Franzia wine stuff in a box. But I agree with sp1936, it's a waste and liquor IS quicker. Vodka is good, I say bring powdered fruit drink mix. Water + Drink Powder + Vodka = a good night by the camp fire :D

As for food I like to cook some chicken ahead of time then cook up some rice or something of that nature, add the chicken, Mmmm Mmmm. Although I wouldnt keep it unrefridgerated for long after cooking so this would probably be a first night meal. But then again boiling water can kill anything right??

Last edited: