Cannon Balls?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hikes-with-him

Reaction score
Ok...so, if we chicken out of Lincoln and LaFayette on Sunday (if too cold and/or windy...that's a LONG ridge walk :)) we were thinking about doing the cannon balls.

What are the chances of the trail being broken out/followable right now...NOT taking the fishin Jimmy and going left but heading up from the other side...hitting N. Cannon ball first (hey, it's the only one that counts for the 100 highest, right?)

Thanks for the info.

I came down Cannon to Coppermine Col this past weekend, and the trail up to the first Cannon Ball (NW? N?) was broken out. I descended to Lonesome Lake from there, so I don't know if it is broken all the way across to FJ Trail.

I was in that area today and there were fresh tracks (from today) leading towards up towards NE Cannonball (from Lonesome around-the-Lake junction). Have fun!

I came down Cannon to Coppermine Col this past weekend, and the trail up to the first Cannon Ball (NW? N?) was broken out. I descended to Lonesome Lake from there, so I don't know if it is broken all the way across to FJ Trail.

That would have been from me and my friend Greg. We went only as far as NE Cannonball and that was it. From then on did not look like it had been tracked out for weeks......

Brian

Reactions: arm