Cascade Bowling Ball down and out, thanks to Yves from Montreal

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the story behind the bowling ball? Anyone know who put it there, or did it just show up?

Not sure exactly when it showed up, but we were up there on Christmas Eve and it was there then. Felt guilty about not taking it down then, but I wasn't sure I was up to adding another 12 pounds to my pack on my first winter hike of the year - thanks, Yves!

Thanks Yves. It made for a memorable hike and was good for a laugh, but it really didn't belong up there.
I thought of taking it out on 12/22, but didn't have any spare room in my pack, and carrying it in my arms would have been too difficult to gut 'er out. And it would have made my hike too long to fit into my planned time frame.

Last edited:
Yeah...great job. If I had been there I would've been more than happy to split the work load with you.

:(:D

Last edited:
And no one posted a lost n found for a missing bowling ball? I'd imagine you'd know you dropped that if you were carrying it in your pack all day.

Rather long trip report in French, I have helped Google Translate translate the two most interesting paragraphs:
Just before the summit I met a couple of Quebecers, while chatting I asked if they had seen the famous bowling ball, they say no, I'm a little disappointed as I was curious to see it! Inspecting the top I saw the ball in a kind of crevice; I think it must be Daniel who had put it there! Since I became aware of the presence of the ball I thought "If I find it I will kidnap it and bring it down"! I compacted the contents of my bag and put the ball inside, it is pretty heavy! Once on the back is not so bad! Going down I feel all weird I feel like committing mischief!

For the curious ball weighs 18lbs and the owner's name appears to be Rays! I kept it in anticipation of using it as a weight in my backpack during some shorter hikes! Sorry to all those who were curious to photograph the ball but I thought it had no place on top of a mountain!

Merci, Yves, d'avoir descendu la balle :D