Catskills Defoiliation

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my observation.

Maybe it was an optical illusion, but it appared to me that along Rt. 28 around Phoenicia the defoliation did not start adjacent to the road, It looked like about 1/4 mile untill trees were bare. It was obvious that a different species of trees had differing degrees of damage. The storm damage to the stream bed along Rt. 42 was also amazing

I believe the fact that the defoliation is not around the towns and homes near the road is due to pesticide spraying. I got the distinct whiff of this as I emerged from the woods and passed thru a town. I remember that odor from my childhood in Long Island.

woodstrider said:
I believe the fact that the defoliation is not around the towns and homes near the road is due to pesticide spraying. I got the distinct whiff of this as I emerged from the woods and passed thru a town. I remember that odor from my childhood in Long Island.

In a particularly bad section of defoliation, we met a couple and started talking about the lack of leaves. The woman said that the mountains should be sprayed with pesticides! :eek: How much would *THAT* raise your taxes?!