Denali 2010

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig

Reaction score
First news of the season isn't good.

A 51-year-old French climber has died after falling more than 1,000 feet down Alaska's Mount McKinley into a crevasse, park officials said Monday.
The National Park Service said Pascal Frison died Sunday afternoon after trying to keep his sled from sliding off a ridge. He and a climbing partner of 28 years were about 12,000 feet up on the West Buttress route.
Frison, of the French town Auxerre, is the 107th person to die since 1932 on the 20,320-foot mountain in Denali National Park. Four people died last year

well, they aren't going to post news about someone making the summit. any news reaching the papers/internet will be about someone dying.

[thread hijack]

FYI, our very own Dangergirl (i.e., Kristina) is on Denali right now. She and Don are acclimatising at the 14k camp after making a back-carry from 11k yesterday.

Not sure when their guided team's summit push is planned for -- they still need to cache/carry to 17k and acclimatise more -- but I'm sure they'd appreciate any positive VFTT vibes we can send their way! :D

[/thread hijack]

[thread hijack]

FYI, our very own Dangergirl (i.e., Kristina) is on Denali right now. She and Don are acclimatising at the 14k camp after making a back-carry from 11k yesterday.

Not sure when their guided team's summit push is planned for -- they still need to cache/carry to 17k and acclimatise more -- but I'm sure they'd appreciate any positive VFTT vibes we can send their way! :D

[/thread hijack]

ditto on the hijack! Wish them the best from this end please!;)

Per the expedition dispatch, the team topped out and returned to high camp yesterday (26th May) after a 16-hour summit day. There was no mention of anybody having to turn back, so I can only assume that Kristina and Don stood on top of The Great One with everybody else.

Congrats, DangerGirl!!

(Given her past trip reports, I expect we'll get another awesome TR/photos when she returns to the Right Coast.)