Desolation Trail (Carrigain)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Pics. I hope I have the blue skies that you had!

Jasonst,

Yes, we totally lucked out with the weather.

The photos don't do justice to the Desolation Trail as we were too busy trying to get up and over the icy and sketchy spots to take photos :) ...but perhaps with this warm weather this week you'll luck out and it will be easier going for you!

Have fun!
-Danielle

Well, if you hiked at all this weekend, you would know that we did NOT have the same blue skies as last weekend. The plan was to do Hale, Zealand (Sat) and Carrigain yesterday. We camped on the Shoal Pond trail (in the rain) and the rain never stopped. We headed back to Zealand in the AM and saved Carrigain for another day. That's life!

Sorry to hear that - we did get up Carrigain and got back down with no time to spare. Literally, the rain hit as we had just packed up the car. And then it was just a line of thunderstorms all the way down I-93 with fantastic lightning and incredible downpours.

Until the MA border, where it dried up and jumped from the mid-60's to 80 degrees!
:(

Jasonst,

That is too bad! Sorry to hear you didn't get to make the trip you had planned.

We ended up not getting out at all this weekend, but that was only partly due to the weather--the rest was due to a self-imposed frenzy of yardwork so that we would have the rest of our weekends this month and next free to hike! :)

Hope you get up to Carrigain soon!
-Danielle

Yeah, thanks again for all the info. It was to be #48! Might as well wait for a nice day and finish with the sun.

J