Devils Path

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtn.goat

Reaction score
I hiked the Devil's Path last weekend in 10:15 and was happy since I was only a few minutes off my previous best time from 5 years ago. I wanted to change it up and did it from west to east (starting at Spruceton Rd). Having now done it in both directions I'd recommend doing it the traditional way (from east to west- starting at Prediger Rd) as it allows you do more of the tough up and downs in the beginning rather then at the end. I've attached a word doc that I put together using the newest trail maps from the NY/NJ council (they just came out a few weeks ago) which has mileage and elevation breakdowns and may be useful for other hikers. Enjoy

Last edited:
Nice!

I think you have your directions backwards through... starting at Spruceton Road would be "west to east," while starting at Prediger Road would be "east to west."

Oops you're right. I was a bit tired when I posted it and I kept staring at the east to west/west to east knowing that it didn't seem quite right.

Hey Mtn.Goat, you could of just wrote Up and Down and it would be appropriate for either direction. :)

Thanks for the updated beta, there are a bunch of people talking about the traverse this year, I'm sure this will be very helpful for them.

Jay

Great traverse, we did it in just under 10 hours a few years back this time of year. Thanks for posting! Brings back great memories. :)

You mean just under 13 Sabrina not 10! :) I usually tell people that if they hike at a good pace and pay attention to any stop time it takes 12-13 hours on average.

You mean just under 13 Sabrina not 10! :) I usually tell people that if they hike at a good pace and pay attention to any stop time it takes 12-13 hours on average.

Really? We should ask Howes, we did it with Craig. I'm pretty sure it wasn't too much of a killer day, just steady. I finished about 45 minutes after Craig and Doodles, and it was still daylight. :D

<edit> http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22483&highlight=devil

Here it is! Yup, you are right, Cory, just under 13 hours! What a fun hike that was. :)

Nice job, MntnGoat!

Last edited: