Directisma Update

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonPatrikz

Reaction score
Mats is done with the Killkenny range, and walking along RT 2. The reason for the lines with the instamapper is that I went to check on a motel room for him for the night and while doing so i was charging is phone as the batteries didn't even last a day.

Summary of the day;
Hit trail around 5:30 AM summited Cabot just before 8am, back at the col where we left are packs Kim caught up with us. She opted to do Cabot then Drive over to Star Kind Trail Head and meet us on Waumbek, which timing did not work out.

After parting with Kim we made progress south leaving the Tresels around 1030am. We made the long Climb up the first Weeks, the cols dip pretty good hear, but a beautiful section of trail. We finally made it to the last Weeks and then started up Wuambek, which seemed to take awhile. Hit the summit at 2:45pm (ish) with no sign of Kim we pressed on eventually stopping in the col before Star King. Mats made up the Push Ups missed on Waumbek here on Star King, even doing them at a decline. We hit the car around 5pm. Kim we got your note, thanks for meeting up in the AM unfortunately it didn't work out for Waumbek.

Over all he was in great condition for hiking nearly 19 miles with a 65lb pack, temps were perfect for the day. He was hoping to make it to the motel else he was going to find a spot along side RT 2.

JasonPatrikz said:
Over all he was in great condition for hiking nearly 19 miles with a 65lb pack, temps were perfect for the day. He was hoping to make it to the motel else he was going to find a spot along side RT 2.
Yeah Mats! Keep the hammer down!!
clapping.gif
Man 65lbs! Keep off the juice!
gdog.gif

I'm glad I was able to briefly meet up with you guys. I would never have caught up if I decided to hike the Kilkenny Ridge Trail to Waumbek.

I ended up hanging out in the sun on Starr King for about 45 minutes. It was the only warm spot that I found all day. You guys weren't far behind me...I would have waited a bit longer had I known you were so close. I got back to my car at 4:15.