Ditto Rocket - Mt. Israel 1/22/09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabberwalk

Reaction score
I don't know, Rocket. . . . Here we spend all morning breaking trail for you so you can have a sweet sunset hike, and then you go and beat me to the TR!!! Life is tough in the fast lane, or the snow shoe trail. ;)

Silverfox, Helen, Karen and I set off on a pleasant winter morning, with the propect of some sunshine and temps in the 20's to tramp down - or up - the Wentworth Trail to Mt. Israel. The snow storm on Sunday almost obliterated the tracks that Helen had left a week ago when she was out with Henry. It was a bit brisk on the summit with a NW wind blowing, but spectacular clouds and views. We reached the summit in a leisurely 2 hours and headed out of the wind for something to eat. Mt. Israel is only 2620 feet but has some wonderful views. (See Rocket's post for details)

Photo link: http://good-times.webshots.com/slideshow/569751188htAIpT;jsessionid=abcl3aL5LVoi4bfSfEb8r

Betsy

Last edited:
Nice job Betsy with your report..

certainly a fine day to be pounding powder in the mountains..

cold but not uncomfortably so..breezey not windy..clear enough and sunny enough for many different views along the way

certainly a winter wonderland with snow drapped trees, deep snow off some of the ledges..bluebird sky in places with flurries in the distance ..excellent

I know it must be as rewarding to you as I am sure it was to I, Helen, and Karen to properly pack out the trail so the next user could enjoy:)

nice hiking with you again....see you soon

I don't know, Rocket. . . . Here we spend all morning breaking trail for you so you can have a sweet sunset hike, and then you go and beat me to the TR!!!

And to think, had you guys waited until today to hike it, it would have been all broken out for you :)

Considering I passed another person coming down when I was ascending, it's possible that Mt. Israel was one of the most popular peaks in the Whites yesterday!

Happy to help break trail for you, Rocket, since you had proceeded me to the Tripyramids a few weeks ago! Your photos were terrific.:)