Do you keep your gun loaded when you hike?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moderator Note:
This thread is getting a little heated. Please back off a bit, take a deep breath, and respond to the post, not the poster.

Moderator Note:
This thread is getting a little heated. Please back off a bit, take a deep breath, and respond to the post, not the poster.

Why in the world would a combination bear and gun thread get heated?

I myself am an expert on the subject :rolleyes:, having been charged by a mother grizzly to within inches of my bare torso, before diving to the ground with an involuntary yelp.

Had I been packing I would have had to have been more than an expert shot with plenty of experience and nerves of steel in order to dispatch that mama to the great (tender plant rich) avalanche chute in the sky.

As it was, by playing dead, not only did I survive but so did the mother and her cubs.

Adding a firearm into the mix muddies the waters infinitely. The what-ifs know no end.

Of course, if you run into this bear. A gun might not be enough. :D

Ninja Bear

Keith

Wow! That NinjaBear is something else. Do you suppose it has close relatives that work the Marcy Dam-Lake Colden-Flowed Lands circuit in the Adirondacks?

G.