Does Mt Monadnock parking lot close at night?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Technetium

Reaction score
I'm planning to be coming down the mountain in the dark after photographing the summit from Bald Rock at sunset. I want to know if I'll end up with the car trapped in the parking lot by a closed gate. I tried calling their number but no answer.

Main lot does not close. There is a sign at Toll Road lot that said "no parking after dark" I never got a ticket and do not know if there is any enforcement. If you are going up just give them a heads up about it and possible route. They may ask you about headlamps.

I'm planning to be coming down the mountain in the dark after photographing the summit from Bald Rock at sunset. I want to know if I'll end up with the car trapped in the parking lot by a closed gate. I tried calling their number but no answer.
I've never had any problems with getting back to the parking lot after dark, but it has been quite a few years since I have done it.

Doug

Generally not a problem, many folks do moon light hikes throughout the year. Best to let the Park Manager or Assistant know or leave a message on the recorder so they don't wonder if someone is lost or injured. They try to account for all cars and people before the last Park Staff leaves the Park.

I do it most summers from the Dublin & it's not an issue. No winter access though without a much longer walk