Down Jacket Recommendations

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my MH sub-zero parkas. I have a black one for every day and a red one for hiking. I have owned lots of down jackets over the years but I don't think I have ever had a better one. It was worth every cent. This is my third year with them and they are still are as good as new.

giggy said:
another vote for the mtn hardware sub zero -

there it is on top of the cleaver at dawn.
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1417394762069687689QBkHab

It is a size large. I won't need it this summer and since you gave us a KEG of BEER in 6/2006 - you can borrow mine as long as you promise to return it.
Thank you very much for the offer. I did purchase a North Face Nuptse.

Chip and I just got back from an overnighter in the Carter range. Temps along the range and last night were roughly in the 18 degree F range. I was very glad I had it. It has just a taffeta shell for a hood (not insulated). I was wearing a balaclava. The combination made me very comfortable once Chip got some food into me.

By the way, the beer was donated by way of TBTS by Chase Street Market in Plymouth, NH. If you are in the area and need a great sandwich from a great deli...