Dry River Falls

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
Just a quick blurb - as it seems like no one ever goes here...Dry River Falls are about 10-15 minutes north of the Mt. Ike Trail junction on the DRT - unmarked side path that goes down a mudslide to a plateua above the falls - great campsite - spectacular falls.

Some pics along the trail and the falls - great trip - but very unmaintained wilderness area - many blowdowns and no blazes! :cool:

PICS

nice pictures. it certainly is a beautiful area. sounds like the blowdown on dry river trail hasn't been taken care of yet?... it would be a fair amount of work to remove what i encountered there last month heading to the eisenhower trail. the trails out there are primitive for sure, but make for some great hiking. thanks for posting.

bryan

Hey Mike . . . it's terrific to read that you made the trip up to Dry River Falls! Like you said, it's truly a "spectacular falls"!
I was just in there about 2 weeks ago. It was my first time to visit this place. Although it's nearly an 11 mile round-trip trek, I thought it was well-worth it!

Thanks for sharing!

Great shots, Mike, including the obligatory toad.:rolleyes:

Between this hike and the obliterated Freezeout/Wadleigh loop in BSP, you are certainly becoming an expert in navigating unmaintained trails. :cool:

Marty