East Branch of the Neversink - Denning

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keb

Reaction score
I was considering a hike up the fishermans path Fri/Sat. Any thoughts as to water levels? I know it will be high, but the drainage basin is relatively small and I am hoping it may drop fairly quickly. I don't mind getting wet, but I don't want it to be dangerous/treachorous. I'd like any input.

keb said:
I was considering a hike up the fishermans path Fri/Sat. Any thoughts as to water levels? I know it will be high, but the drainage basin is relatively small and I am hoping it may drop fairly quickly. I don't mind getting wet, but I don't want it to be dangerous/treachorous. I'd like any input.
It was still raining this morning up there. I'd wait till Saturday at the earliest. BTW, the roads in Delaware county are all still legally closed. I realize Denning is in Ulster county, but the point is to travel with caution!

The flood of April 2005 was a fifty year flood and I heard that the trail was wiped out. Before the flood it was definity passable- some of the old red spray paint blazes- some covered by the DEC with masking paint- are still evident to the sharp eyed. Before the flood a few very large blow downs caused some confusion.
This is one of my favorite areas in the Catskills and I have not been up that way in two years- I am curious as to the condition of this old Trail-please post a report.

woodstrider, the trip was great. See posting under trail conditions and let me know if you have any questions.