East Inlet rd. status inquiry

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sherby

Reaction score
Hi, we have one last 3k to bag from there, with all the rain this summer I'm not sure it will be subaruable, any recent visit from someone here?

Just back from a CO trip, that's the local lingo for easy 4wd road ! Some years ago, we went there for that same 3k and our trip ended less than 1 mile in because of a destroyed culvert, going over the ditch would have required something like a Wrangler or a jacked up truck.

Just back from a CO trip, that's the local lingo for easy 4wd road ! Some years ago, we went there for that same 3k and our trip ended less than 1 mile in because of a destroyed culvert, going over the ditch would have required something like a Wrangler or a jacked up truck.
Isn’t that the point when you go from Subaruable to Vibramable?

Isn’t that the point when you go from Subaruable to Vibramable?
When we started the 3k list, we were driving a Honda Fit, so we've hiked our fair share of NH/ME backroads. For this one, there is already a pretty long road walk if your reach the end of the Inlet rd (and other approaches are even less interesting).

Last edited:
When we started the 3k list, we were driving a Honda Fit, so we've hiked our fair share of NH/ME backroads. For this one, there is already a pretty long road walk if your reach the end of the Inlet rd (and other approaches are even less interesting).
You need a mountain bike.

I drove my Honda Accord to the Boundary Pond lot on the weekend after July 4th. They regraded the road last summer and East Inlet Road was still in great shape then all the way to the road to Boundary Pond. After that, when you're heading out to Rhubarb Pond, it gets decidely rougher and there were some minor washouts that I saw, but I had my family with me, so I only went a brief way.

Which 3k'er do you need? Barker Pond Mtn? Twin Peaks?

Twin Peaks
I drove my Honda Accord to the Boundary Pond lot on the weekend after July 4th. They regraded the road last summer and East Inlet Road was still in great shape then all the way to the road to Boundary Pond. After that, when you're heading out to Rhubarb Pond, it gets decidely rougher and there were some minor washouts that I saw, but I had my family with me, so I only went a brief way.

Which 3k'er do you need? Barker Pond Mtn? Twin Peaks?

Thanks for the update! Twin Peaks, I will not disclose how we did Barker Pond :censored:

Reactions: TEO
Congrats, what is next ;)
Only 8 left for the Northeast 777, but that includes PA and 4 private ones in NY that we are not much interested in doing and certainly not crazy enough to follow the tracks of Pierre (Oncoman) on the winter list, but we are doing a 2nd round of 115-W post-Covid. We're doing lightweight redlining in the Whites (Desolation trail yesterday) and our summer vacations are gonna be spent in Colorado for the foreseeable future.

Awesome! Congratulations!

How was East Inlet Rd.? Did you take it all the way to Rhubarb Pond?