Escalante Trip Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a problem with this TR--I'm salivating all over my keyboard... Sounds like you had a great time. A beautiful area.

I was in the area a few years ago--I wanna go back.

Thanks,

Doug

Wow - not only is the report and the photos awesome.. but the website is fantastic too. I am jealous on about 4 different levels right now.

I am going to echo Chomp... the setup of your Web site is terrific!

Also really enjoyed your report and pictures... it looks like I'll have to add Escalante to my ever-growing to-do list. What a fantastic vacation!

- Ivy

Thanks, all, for the compliments. The downside to this type of TR is that I have no life for a little while while I create it!

Has anyone else on this forum been to the Escalante area? I bet someone out there has at least done Spooky/Peekaboo Gulch....

*OOhh* I'm speechless !

About the pics, the trip and also about your website. You certainly spended many hours to create it, but it was all worthed. Bravo !

I also checked on your Marshall TR (next on my list), and you just showed me the perfect way to do it, thanks.

>>Has anyone else on this forum been to the Escalante area? I bet someone out there has at least done Spooky/Peekaboo Gulch....<<

I've been there! :D
(Both to Escalante and Spooky Gulch) :)
Have also been to Calf Creek Falls--wicked cool!! :D
We tried to get all the way down to "Hole in the Wall" (or is it "Hole in the Rock?") on the Colorado River, but our Chevy Airbag rental couldn't handle the mud (this was in March '04).
I wanna go back!!
Incredible area to explore!! :eek:

Great photos :) I just got back from a short trip to Utah and Arizona myself...I will definitely need to explore Escalante on my next excursion to the area. What an amazing country out there!

jessbee said:
Great photos :) I just got back from a short trip to Utah and Arizona myself...I will definitely need to explore Escalante on my next excursion to the area. What an amazing country out there!

Hmm... from your avatar pic, I'd guess you've been to somewhere in the needles distict of Canyonlands NP. Perhaps Chesler Park?

I was initially disappointed in the site, (I thought it was going to be an Avril Lavigne fan site w/ pics of her). But after that moment, I took a look at the pics and trip reports. Awesome! I especially enjoyed the Katahdin pics and trip report. Very nice format.

p.s., if Avril is your sister, tell her to look me up if she comes to Vermont.

all i can say is WOW! and very, very nice!!

:cool:

king tut said:
I was initially disappointed in the site, (I thought it was going to be an Avril Lavigne fan site w/ pics of her). But after that moment, I took a look at the pics and trip reports. Awesome! I especially enjoyed the Katahdin pics and trip report. Very nice format.

p.s., if Avril is your sister, tell her to look me up if she comes to Vermont.

Nope, not related. (at least not immediately related, in any case)

If only you knew how many times I get called at home with a request for "can I speak to Avril, please??" - and from all over the place, too: Florida, Israel, Europe, etc.

Maybe it is because I am listed in the phone book under A. Lavigne.......