eVent Fabric

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pks4000

Reaction score
eVent Fabric vs XCR Gore Tex

Any one have any experience with comparing eVent fabric on shells to Goretex XCR?
CS/BMT

Last edited:
I don't have any experience comparing it to XCR (so far I've only got XCR on my feet), but when it comes to breathability, it BLOWS AWAY conventional gore-tex, as well as crowd favorites like the Marmot Precip.

If only it were less expensive...

A while back I remember WildThings in Conway, NH had a comparison demonstration and display which made the eVENT look like the clear winner. I've got no eVENT and like the other reply, only have XCR on my feet.

Mark_Goodearl said:
A while back I remember WildThings in Conway, NH had a comparison demonstration and display which made the eVENT look like the clear winner. I've got no eVENT and like the other reply, only have XCR on my feet.

I have had a close relationship with Wild Things over the years. If you need high performance gear for major expedition use Wild Things is an excellent choice. The Founder of the company has tried and tested many a product in some of the most difficult conditions. Wild Things prides itself on the mentality that "Light is Right"...but not at the cost of high end performance. If you need a piece customized not a problem. Wild Things used Gortex for years until the patent on that technology ran out. eVent was choosen as the replacement;kudos to Wild Things. The US outdoor industry has a way of squelching superior technology that is and has been available in Europe for long periods of time.Unfortunately eVent is a victim of that mentality. There is no question that eVent has higher breathabilty than XCR Gortex with the same Waterproofness, but is a lighter fabric. Gore and it's proprietary manufacturers will argue that eVents lightness comes as a cost for it's lack of durabilty;arguable but IMO a part of there squelching process. Wild Things has European roots and is not afraid to entertain technology that is available only over there. Make a trip to Chamonix sometime but be sure to bring a bib so you can clean up the drool when your done looking at gear.

freind used e vent single wall tent it breathes!! There was a shell test last year in backpacker that said e vent was the clear winner.haven't used it yet but i'm looking forward to trying some as I very seldom hike in goretex as it doen't breath well in the high output climbing I like to do.