excellent customer service from Black Diamond

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckyball1

Reaction score
I purchased a pair of BD Frontpoint gaiters in December 2009-didn't wear them until hikes in early May 2010.

I like the fit and they performed exactly as i'd hoped in wet/snow/etc. However the boot lace hook "disappeared" from one gaiter on an early bushwhack and a piece of the leather strap broke off the other gaiter on a subsequent hike. I'm not sure if my type of hikes abused the product beyond what it was designed for or if there was a quality issue.

After talking to my retailer, I contacted BD who "apologized" and asked me to send the gaiters to them for examination/repair. I just received a brand new replacement pair :)--headed to OR with me tomorrow for possible snowfield duty.

thanks and kudos to BD for their service

jim

BD is great

yeah i was trying to order a replacement pole piece for a really old pair of poles, emailed them and got a prompt reply with info I needed.

I'll second that. They took great care of me when I needed trekking pole replacement parts.

This is good to know. I swore off BD products several years ago when they refused to honor a lightly used super gaiter when the rubber rand split. I might be willing to try the again if I hear more reports like this. Did their management recently change or something?
-vegematic

I agree.
Just ordered a new battery pack for one of my lanterns and I don't think they even charged me for it. Got it in the mail two days later. Told them it was my fault for leaving the batteries in too long and they started to leak acid. "Pays" to be honest, I guess.
Good Customer Service.