Experiment on Pierce and Eisenhower 12/6

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Remember those commericials when someone would be teleported to the top of a snow capped mountain when they bit into a York Peppermint Pattie? I decided to try and find out what would happen if I bit into one when I was already on top of a snow capped mountain. Best case, I get teleported back to the comfort of my living room. Worst case, I tear a hole in the fabric of space and time.

Crawford path up to Mt Pierce was fine. A few logs about knee high to step over, and excellent footing the entire way. No traction needed, but just about everyone else was using something anyway. I got on top of Pierce just behind a large group of hikers, and I didn't want too many people around in case the worst happened, so I just shared a tuna sandwich with the grayjays. I also had hard boiled eggs, but kept those to myself. Is it cruel to feed eggs to birds? I feel like it should be.

After lunch a pressed on to Eisenhower. Again, trail footing was fine, great views, no slippery ice patches to speak of, and total solitude at the summit. I conducted my experiment with pretty disappointing results.

Super easy walk down the edmands path with a mix of packed slush and powdery snow.

Thanks to Brenda at the Edmands path trailhead who gave me a ride back down Mt Clinton Road.