Fatality on Grand Teton

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should be a no-brainer. An early start is not always an easy rise but the advantage is well documented. Sad story which must have been frightening for those involved.

Just arrived in Colorado late last night and the lightning strikes were nailing Green Mountain behind my brother's place in Lakewood early this afternoon. Will need to be careful working on alpine lakes out here the next two weeks, as will have enough metal on our raft to be the ultimate lightning rod.

I climbed the Grand Teton with a friend who had been weathered off 3 times before. Let me tell you, we were happy to be heading down before noon, because rain was moving before we got back to the saddle.

Just arrived in Colorado late last night and the lightning strikes were nailing Green Mountain behind my brother's place in Lakewood early this afternoon. Will need to be careful working on alpine lakes out here the next two weeks, as will have enough metal on our raft to be the ultimate lightning rod.

Be safe and have a great time!

On the 21 we were in the Wasatch-Cache Nat'l Forest (doing Kings Pk UT), not to far from the Teton. Impossible to get some rest between 12 and 2AM, as the thunder kept rollling loudly, the strong winds were blowing and the rain was falling hard.

I can't imagine how bad it would be above treeline...