For all those that hike with their dogs...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man's Best Friend. Dog's Best Meal.

C'mon, we're all thinking it.
Aw dude! That's morbid. :LOL:

I was actually wondering how search and rescue couldn't locate the guy if he had a dog. You'd think it would have barked at all the SAR people rummaging around, trying to get his owner's attention, etc. They must not have been in the ballpark of where the guy was.

Gotta love dogs. I always cringe when people say "they're just animals". Anyone who has owned a mammal of any type (dog, cat, whatever) knows it is much more than that.

I saw that article and I was not surprised. That would be my dog for sure. My dog sticks to me like glue, always has since day one. Example, my dog hates water, he will never swim or voluntarily enter any water. It took me 6 months or so, to train him to cross rivers while hiking and he will always cross while hiking on command. Once this summer, I fell in during a water crossing, the current grabbed me and I began to float, my dog hit me like a brick and was clinging to my side through the deep water and never left my side until I exited to water. I die in the mountains; they find my dog when they find me.

I saw that article and I was not surprised. That would be my dog for sure. My dog sticks to me like glue, always has since day one. Example, my dog hates water, he will never swim or voluntarily enter any water. It took me 6 months or so, to train him to cross rivers while hiking and he will always cross while hiking on command. Once this summer, I fell in during a water crossing, the current grabbed me and I began to float, my dog hit me like a brick and was clinging to my side through the deep water and never left my side until I exited to water. I die in the mountains; they find my dog when they find me.
Aussies are extremely dedicated to their owners. They will always want you as part of their herd. It’s been ten years since mine crossed the rainbow bridge. I think of her every day.

This is remarkable. I haven't read anything which says what elevation he was found at, but still. Anything about 8k' is considered high, at least for humans. I wonder what he found to eat and drink.