Franconia Ridge Knife Injury

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Stabbed himself in a lower extremity".

Wondering since they didn't just say "leg", if a fine might be among the least of his worries.

Well if he did stab himself in his third lower extremity at least there is a chance he may have neutralized the chance of replicating himself. Therefore we won't have to worry about any offspring duplicating this event in the future.

A - Glad he is okay
B - Said in vicinity of Flume, could have been in the nice fir tree filled area high on the Osseo Trail
C - all the companies coverage maps would say they had coverage, (lying would be better than saying in populated NE, the #1 Scenic Fall Drive is full of coverage holes.) (Glad to see I was without coverage in the Minerva area this weekend)
D- with so many places pushing LNT, AMC, ADK, Scouts, Sierra Club.....these yahoos playing mountain men on TV(okay maybe they are mountain men but it's still about ratings, not about being prepared - why aren't there any shows about well equipped well planned trips, because your trip and mine go off without a hitch beyond a blister or using spare cord as a boot lace - that would be boring & you couldn't sell ads for the time. Who'd hire a guide who had major drama on every trip?)
E- Sarcasm note, had he brought a gun, he could have shot the branches off the trees

B - Said in vicinity of Flume, could have been in the nice fir tree filled area high on the Osseo Trail

They were camping in the Col between Flume and Liberty, but your guess was my first guess too. I was surprised they went down to the Liberty Spring trailhead instead of down the Osseo Trail, but then it made sense when I saw they were in the Col. The PVSAR facebook page has some more details: https://www.facebook.com/pemisar?ref=br_tf

Last edited:
Well if he did stab himself in his third lower extremity at least there is a chance he may have neutralized the chance of replicating himself. Therefore we won't have to worry about any offspring duplicating this event in the future.
The facebook post referenced above says 'thigh'.

Quietman - perhaps it wasn't his leg?

I, too, wondered why more was not said about the cutting of tree branches. Beyond that, I wondered why they would need to if they had proper gear for an overnight. And then I though how uncomfortable it would be to have to sleep on those branches.

It would have been interesting to be a black fly hovering around to listen to the discussion that night as they waited for dawn and the walk out.

Yet again another partial story by the press.

The story only refers to "lower extremity" - which could be a thigh or elsewhere.

Funny, Tito Alba. So true!