From whence you hail?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Home state.

• CT

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • RI

• MA

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • VT

• NH

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • ME

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • NY

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • NJ

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • PA

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MadRiver

Reaction score
Often times when I view a message I will glance down to see where the poster is from. I looked in the members list for home locations, but they do not supply that information, so I was just wondering where everyone hails from?

I currently live and work in CT and spend our weekends in NH where my wife inherited her grandparents place in Thornton.

I was born in Upstate New York, live in Upstate New York, and will probably die in Upstate New York. The Adirondacks are my playground.

Born in NY, been all over the country, finally settled in ME.

^MtnMike^

I thought this type of post was frowned upon. Other more relevant posts have been deleted/moved. Not trying to be policeman here, just looking for equal enforcement of rules.

Now, this wise-ass post should give some clue that I'm not originally from Maine or anywhere else in New England.

Ted

Last edited:
I did a search but couldn't find anything relating to home state. If this is a duplicate poll, darren please delete.

native NH

Born and raised here, but I did spend 1 year in Florida (after my divorce). Where I meet my, now wife (dragged her here fighting and kicking). Then she dragged me (fighting and kicking) to Indiana for 2 years. Now I am back home to stay??????? She is getting restless again.

Born in Freeport, Long Island, grew up in Mass, lived in NH 10 years, while playing in NH and the Catskills and the Gunks. Now back in Mass, but spending all my time playing in NH. Go figure....

I'm born and raised in northern NY, we used to call it upstate until people from Glens Falls and Rochester, utica etc started calling themselves upstate new yorkers and hell that's city way down there.

I was born in st regis falls, lived in malone until moving in with my mom and brothers and 1 sister near gabriels/ paul smiths. went to school in potsdam and now live for the last 5 months almost right in philly pa. had to pay for school somehow. I drive home every weekend, takes me about 10 hours if no accidents or snowstorms, idiots on 73 crawling along through keene etc. who refuse to pull over. 35 in a 55! jeez!

Born in Old England moved to New England a little over five years ago.

Bob

Alright, this is getting downright weird.

Bob grew up and lives in Ludlow.

I grew up in Ludlow before moving to Boston.

And now I find out that AlpineSummit's originally from Ludlow?

Who woulda thought that little town would have a majority stake here!
:D

Alpine: drop me an email - what years were you there? Where'd you live?

- Michael (Saletnik)

Grew up in eastern PA, lived in Massena NY for 6 or 7 years and now reside in extreme southern Jersey (with a few other stops in between)

Born, raised, and currently in Syracuse, NY.

Family camp in Old Forge, NY is our Adirondack base camp.

Grew up 4 hours north of Katahdin, now live 4 hours south of Katahdin. All in Maine.

(OK, for those doing the math, you have to allow for a little East-West time! But not much.)