Galapagos Island Trip Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobandgeri

Reaction score
Many of you know that we spent 10 days in the Galapagos Islands last month. We finally finished our Trip Report and Photo Page.

We spent much of our time diving, but made several excursions ashore as well to see the various wildlife that live on the barren islands. This was our second trip, and hopefully not our last. If anyone ever needs info on a visit there, we'd love to share our stories.

Those pics are ridiculously amazing - they kick me hard in the face! Excellent!

Every single photo is incredibly beautiful.

Please tell us what camera you used. Even the underwater pictures are clear and vibrant.

Holy crap! Amazing pictures! I can't believe you guys dived with a whale shark! I've always wanted to do that. Excellent photos, thanks for sharing!!! :D :D :D

BorealChickadee said:
Please tell us what camera you used. Even the underwater pictures are clear and vibrant.

Nikon D100 for the surface shots and a housed olympus 4040 with twin strobes for the underwater stuff.

Okay, you 2 are not allowed to go on another vacation without me! WOW, those pictures really are amazing, you must have had a great trip, I will read the report at lunch today to enjoy it with my PB&J. :rolleyes:
I noticed you saved the cutest animal for last, the penguin!! With any luck I will be seeing a lot of them in the near future.
Are you joining us on Sunday?
Thanks for the beautiful begining to a dreary day. ;)

Great photos and stories.
I've been wanting to go there for quite some time.
Think we'll make it down there within the next 5 years so will remember to ask for some advice.
Looks wonderful!!

chinooktrail said:
Okay, you 2 are not allowed to go on another vacation without me! WOW, those pictures really are amazing, you must have had a great trip, I will read the report at lunch today to enjoy it with my PB&J. :rolleyes:
I noticed you saved the cutest animal for last, the penguin!! With any luck I will be seeing a lot of them in the near future.
Are you joining us on Sunday?
Thanks for the beautiful begining to a dreary day. ;)

Christine (and others) - Thanks for the kind words on the photos!

We are staying home this weekend - need to get some stuff done around the house. Hope that you have good weather on Sunday!

Outstanding trip report and photography. Beautiful wildlife as well. I think the Blue Footed Boobie is one of the most beautiful birds in the world. Thanks for sharing.

:)

Clearly we need to rethink where we go for our Gatherings!

*Beautiful* pictures and great report. I need to get out more (further) !!! :)

A dive trip to ther Galapagos has been on my radar for some time. After looking at your pcitures I realize I need to put this trip higher up on my to do list. The pictures are awesome.

Thanks for all the kind words on our photos - we really enjoyed the wildlife above and below the water. This was our second trip, but not our last - can't wait to go back again.

Anyone who may be thinking of heading there for a vacation - feel free to write us for more info and recomendations. On our first trip we included a 4 day trip into the Amazon which we would recommend to others. There are several dive operations that include diving and shore trips, as well as operations that only do the land tours with snorkling as well.