Geneva still holding at 45

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
I was considering hiking to Owls Head on Sunday to get Geneva one peak closer to visiting all 48, but the offer to hike Ike > Pierce > Jackson sounded way more fun on a decent day! Fun always seems to win out, guess that is why it is taking me so long to get her to all the 48! :rolleyes:

It was a little warmer and far more humid than I like and I was a little surprised by that. But the leaves are really starting to turn and that makes up for the sweat dripping off my body.

We took Edmands Path up, tagged Ike and then back down to hike that small section of the AT around the peak. (for someone who isn't a 'list' person they sure have a lot of lists they seem to accomplish and invent for themselves...) The views were in and out of occasional clouds, but very nice!

A nice walk over to Pierce, and a brief stop. Then filled up on water at the hut and over all the wonderful bog bridges to the summit of Jackson where there was a group of enthusiastic young new hikers with funny accents. ;)

The hike out down Webster/Jackson Trail was tough on my ankles and feet, but Geneva seemed to still have abundant energy and was doing a bit of bouldering on the way out... I have no clue how she makes it up some of those sheer cliffs she scales. I've checked, but she really doesn't have suction cups on her paws.

Over all the trails were in good shape, no signs of erosion or troubles from Irene. Muddy and slippery in all the usual spots. There were a number of dangerous dog crossings but we managed without too much trouble.

We did however run into a guy wearing a very interesting tshirt... I think I will have nightmares about that one for a while...

All in all a great day to be out! And I doubt Geneva cares if she ever finishes all 48, as long as she is out and enjoying nature and the people and places we go! ;)