Good news from the US Forest service

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope they don't use it to tear out more bridges...

I think the money is being put to good use by contracting with the AMC, RMC, and others. The FS crews do good work with very limited staff IMO.

Maybe a couple of bucks could go to the upper Dry River Trail.

FYI the Saco FS crew went out in early august and cleared and brushed out the Dry River trail.

As long as they do not act like the DOT and post signs costing over a million dollars telling us they are spending money. I was told (do not know if true) NJ spent all the stimlus money on signs and did not move any dirt.

I guess I have more faith in the Forest Service.

I saw 3 (count 'em- 3 of them) of those signs in Acadia NP last week!

I did a keyword search on http://stimuluswatch.org/2.0/search/awards for trails and the state of NH and came up with this. I think some of these are funding / funded seasonal crews.

Forest-wide Trails Maintenance Boulder Loop Trail, White Cairn Trail, Iron Mtn Trail, Dry River area trails $12,000 Conway NH

Forest-wide Trails Maintenance Madison Gulf Bridge, Valley Way Trail, Six Husbands Trail $20,000 Gorham NH

Blueberry Ledge Trail Reconstruction $20,700 Wonalancet NH

Forest-wide Trails Maintenance (CIM-0901-OIT) Northern Presidential Range Trail Network $14,000 Randolph NH

Forest Service Recovery Act Agreement Number: 09-CS-11094419-007 between Margret and H.A. Rey Center and United States Forest Service, Region 9, White Mountain National Forest, Pemigewasset Ranger District. $18,300 Waterville Valley NH

Jacob's Brook Bridge Project $23,000 Orford NH