GPS, Maps, and cameras ILLEGAL

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard from a well known, respected hiker/bushwhacker to remain anonymous (who does not post on VFTT) that the logging road near that gravel pit is the among the worst he's ever seen, in terms of massive erosion, as well as debris.

When the owners sold the property easement to the government for $1.4 million, they retained the ability to log. They did not retain the ability to continue to pull gravel from that gravel pit. That was supposed to be closed and reclaimed years ago. Yet, as seen from Trail Bandit's photos, the pit and machinery still appear to be active.

I wonder if there's a way I could get $1.4 million without having to hold up my side of the hypothetical deal?
Who needs dirty money?:)Seems like there has to be some local influence some where in the process here.Maybe its a oversight question?Who enforces code in this matter?Sorry if this was covered in this thread already....

Who needs dirty money?:)Seems like there has to be some local influence some where in the process here.Maybe its a oversight question?Who enforces code in this matter?Sorry if this was covered in this thread already....

Folks in charge of the company in question have the second most powerful lobbying group in the state in their corner.

So far, state officials have gladly looked the other way. Similar to how that same department has treated the mess up at Cannon.

Hi Red Oak,
In the past couple of years Chocorua Forestlands have logged almost every stick big enough to load on a truck on their Ossipee properties. To avoid my getting into politics, which IS heavily involved in this whole mess, perhaps you would like to take an aerial tour of the place. If it is clear cutting and terrible logging practices, you want to see, this is the place to go. Seeing this place, on foot, on the ground, is the way to do it. Rocket 21 has posted some pictures here a year or so ago.

Hi Red Oak,
In the past couple of years Chocorua Forestlands have logged almost every stick big enough to load on a truck on their Ossipee properties. To avoid my getting into politics, which IS heavily involved in this whole mess, perhaps you would like to take an aerial tour of the place. If it is clear cutting and terrible logging practices, you want to see, this is the place to go. Seeing this place, on foot, on the ground, is the way to do it. Rocket 21 has posted some pictures here a year or so ago.
A hearty thanks for the invite but small planes are not for me.I live in southern nh which has more clear cutting going on than one would care for.Zoning laws and variances seem to influence how much a town allows for cutting and my town is terrible!It has become duplex hell with traffic congestion often like a la freeway.
I respect Rocket and you for trying to bring attention to this issue in the ossipee area.It seems like the whole conway area is way over developed anyway imho.
I was under the impression that large scale clearcutting is not legal anymore?The question of how we use our resources as a society will be the defining one in the future as we continue to waste those resources with abandon.