granola bars

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happyfeet

Reaction score
Does anyone out here have a good recipe for granola bars? I have been modifying an oatmeal cookie recipe but they keep falling apart in my pack. I can't figure out how to make them crunchier.

I have yet to try any of these, but here is a list......let me know if any work out....I hope to try some this weekend. I'll let you know if they are any good.

NewHampshire said:
Ahhhhh what would we do without the Food Network!?

Alton Browns show "Good eats" just did an episode recently that gave recipies for granola bars, protien bars and a healthy "rice crispy treat".
Enjoy!
I LOVE that show. He also did an episode on making your own beef jerky which sounded real good. Thanks for the link Brian.

Happyfeet said:
Does anyone out here have a good recipe for granola bars? I have been modifying an oatmeal cookie recipe but they keep falling apart in my pack. I can't figure out how to make them crunchier.

These are yummy ..... :)

I have several recipes but haven't tried the majority. Are you going to the NY Gathering? I can bring copies....

Do you have specific requests, like no sugar, or honey or stuff like that?

No and no. The only request is for them to stay in a semi bar shape after a few days as opposed to a bag full of crumbs. I'll have to try all the recipes here. Thanks all.