Green Mt. 3536

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jabberwalk

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been up Green Mountain about a mile south of Mt. Tecumseh near Waterville Valley? I assume that it is a shoulder of Tecumseh, and difficult to access. I bet Marc has been up there.

Just curious. . . .

There have been discussions (on this BBS) of bushwacking this peak, IIRC in the context of bushwacking from Mt Dickey to Mt Tecumseh.

You might be able to find them by searching.

Doug

Green Mountain

I did that trip a couple of years ago. It's an enjoyable hike, the section from Tecumseh to Green is a bit thick, but not horrible. The top of Green is open woods except for the summit bump, there is one of the old signs and a register at the top. We then hiked along the ridge towards Welch and Dickey. I posted a detailed trip report. I highly recommend this as a fun time in the woods.

Many thanks for the info. I will check out the TR.

I was sure that someone had been up there, but before I started thinking seriously about it, I wanted to be sure it wasn't a snake pit of some sort.

No not at all, quite the contrary it's a really nice trip. There is even a "lost" trail involved. I'll put up a link to some pics I have of the trip when I get home tonight.

A quick search led me to your TR from 2008, and also one in Feb, 2009 by 1HappyHIker. So that area has seen lots of activity in the last 10 months. It sounds like a wonderful adventure.:)

I believe you could also probably get some information whilst visiting a particular hiking bookstore in Lincoln :)

Great photos! Thanks for the link. I love the old signs and the interesting cairns. Definitely part of the forgotten forest of yore.