Greetings my loyal subjects! A.K.A my 48th on Jefferson

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WSC

Reaction score
HERE YE! HERE YE!
A ROYAL PROCLOMATION FROM HIS MAJESTY WSC
Greetings all my loyal subjects! We would like to introduce ourselves, after many years of being groomed to reign over these lands; the House of Canuto has finally been crowned the sovereigns of this glorious realm. His Majesty was crowned your king at 9:00am September 1st, as we started up to finish the last survey of this kingdom up Mt. Jefferson. We stared to survey these lands in 1996, and were promised by the previous king, that when the survey was complete all land within site from each of the 48 survey peaks would be given to this bloodline.
At the coronation his Royalness was greeted and joined by representatives from the neighboring kingdoms. The Green Knights from the Mountains to the West, Jason Berard the Peaceable and Greg C. the Lionhearted, NH_MTN_Hiker-the Conqueror of the Southern Realms, and the sorceress and photographer from the Commonwealth, 7summits of the fleetfooted. After his highness was crowned by the entourage we proceeded up the Caps of the Ridge trail to the final destination that was to be the 48th survey. The weather was dismal, but the sorceress was conjuring up a good weather incantation. We made good time and we met many of my new subjects along the way up. Many of the subjects greeted and bowed before there mighty sovereign. Soon we had summited and the sun was attempting to break through.
At the summit, his Majesty was given New Royal Robes, by 7summits, and we partook in two bottles of champagne fit for royalty, courtesy of the other knights.
After some good conversations, and a glorious feast the lands were officially declared for this noble bloodline. We then proceeded from whence we came. Soon the clouds parted due to the hocus-pocus of the enchantress and his Majesty could see all of his kingdoms. To the east could be could be seen various castles on another ridge, sadly some have been in neglect, our first public works plan will be for our many peasants to restore them to there former glory. To the west we had a view of the Royal Observatory, and the King was pleased to see his own personal locomotive that would provide him transportation to the observatory, it is known in colloquial terms as the Cog.
The Duchy of Franconia sent a Glider plane to circle above this royal entourage most of the way down out of respect.
As we approached one of the last caps, Royal Advisor David Metsky, Esquire joined us. He enlightened the king on the various happenings in the kingdom, and neighboring realms.
A few times my crown was usurped but the fiends came to there senses and pledged there honor to this dynasty.
We met many people along the way down who showed support for this new monarchy
His Majesty would only like to say that His Majesty will be a fair king, and will be loved by all my subjects. Starting henceforth, there will be a Tax on the trails to play for the various projects that will better us all, fixing the Citadels on the castellated ridge, putting a Cog on every mountain, and getting the King some new winter gear. We also are going to make the toll retroactive from the first day his majesty started hiking back in 1996, but out of respect for the commoners we will not seek any much deserved interest. You can send it to our new royal tax collector Dave Metsky esquire. I trust that the Royal Photographer will soon post pictures of all the merriment that went on this day.
Thank You,
His Royal Highness, WSC
Long Live the King!

Disclaimer-
I am not really your king, but I would like to thank 7summits, Greg C, Jason Berard, NH_MTN_Hiker and Dave Metsky for making for my 48th NH 4000, a special and great day I will always remember. Thanks guys and gal!

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
Did we ever figure out who the Court Jester was? :D

Perhaps your Majesty will appoint someone. :rolleyes:

HMMMM...., the spot for royal jester is in fierce competition. I will have to mull it over, maybe the competitors can entertain the king with there best hiking related joke and the winner will be crowned royal jester, they can P.M me the joke and I will post the best joke, as long as it is not off topic for this thread....
His Highness

It's good to be the king:
jeff05.jpg

It was great meeting up with you, sorry I couldn't make it earlier for the summit assault.

Pics are here.

-dave-
Loyal peon

Your Highness, here are some more pics from our journey. Begging your pardon, your majesty, but I think you forgot to mention the Giant footprint we found on the rocky outcropping. I've added a picture of it to the end of the slideshow.
I think your subjects from this survey should rename themselves "the Knights who say 'Ecky- ecky- ecky- ecky- pikang- zoop- boing- goodem- zoo- owli- zhiv'." :cool: ;)

slideshow here

Last edited:
Congratulations Your Majesty, it was such a great honor to hike with you on your #48 and many other peaks along the journey. I'll be at your service as usual whenever you want to conquer Maine and Vermont.

Here are the pictures I took from the day, will add annotation and detail later.

http://www.huiyengchang.com/hike/07jefferson/index.html

It was very nice to see Greg again and very nice to finally meet Jason. and most of all thanks Dave for chased away the clouds for us :).