Hale in Winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We hiked it from Zealand Hut on Monday. The trail is well broken out. Others had hiked it from Zealand Road as well so that is broken out.

Just remember you cant park at the trailhead during winter...that makes it a little less quick.

Yes, there were ski tracks heading from the summit down the Lend-a-Hand Trail to the hut, and while spots require being a pretty good skier, it overall looked like a beautiful route.

Say hello to the snow beast on the summit for us.

David Metsky said:
It also makes a pretty nice ski, assuming we ever get any nice new snow.

-dave-

I know Goodman's book describes the Hale Brook trail as the way to descend but I've heard about the north side having some routes through the trees. Perhaps in the area of the old firewarden's trail.

Does anyone know about that?

Last edited:
bcskier said:
I know Goodman's book describes the Hale Brook trail as the way to descend but I've heard about the north side having some routes through the trees. Perhaps in the area of the old firewarden's trail.

Does anyone know about that?
The abandoned Hale Fire Wardens Trail is more-or-less on the West side....and it's not so abandoned...:)

NH_Mtn_Hiker said:
The abandoned Hale Fire Wardens Trail is more-or-less on the West side....and it's not so abandoned...:)
Yea, it's not hard to find but try not to publish it too obviously. You can ask folks on this board who are going skiing, we'll take you there. :)

-dave-